Whether you find yourself vacationing in Charlotte, North Carolina or are a resident of the beautiful city, there are a wide range of extraordinary activities to participate in during the summer months. Everybody looks forward to the exciting, comfortable and beautiful summer days filled with breathtaking and lively activities including music, art, nightlife, sports, nature, and loads of family fun. Charlotte is one city that has it all and certainly has it going on throughout the summer months. A city frequented by people of all ages and indeed a city of poise, charm, grace, excitement, and intrigue Charlotte is a true testament to family fun and activities.
With a roster of fun-filled activities to participate in, Charlotte has become one of the top destinations for tourists and summertime vacationers alike. Offering a collection of awe-inspiring activities and events, Charlotte is a mixture of adventure, fun, history, culture, and the arts. With so many entertaining, intriguing, and truly fun activities on hand within the city limits, choosing the ideal events for you and your family can be a true challenge. Here is a list of ten of the most fun and adventurous activities this delightful city has to offer, whether you are vacationing alone or sharing with family and friends.
1. Carowinds Amusement Park – this park is jam packed with excitement and fun for individuals of all ages. Home to the infamous fastest gigacoaster in all the world, the Fury 325 and the park’s tallest ride, the infamous Intimidator, makes this adventure park every bit as risky as it is fun.
2. Discovery Place – a spectacular facility that features deep sea aquariums, digital 3D theater, interactive science labs, and a variety of other awe-inspiring elements and activities for every member of the family.
3. Ray’s Splash Planet – this 29,000 square foot facility offers both fitness and water activities including a double figure eight water slide, multiple water squirters, an exciting lazy river, and exciting tumble buckets, and is a must see for all your family and friends.
4. Sunset cruises – board the many beautiful replicas of true Mississippi River Paddle Boats and head out to the majestic Queen’s Landing where you and your loved one can take in a breathtaking sunset while enjoying a romantic dinner cruise.
5. Daniel Stow Botanical Gardens – for the nature lover in the family this spectacular botanical garden features well over 110 acres of majestic themed gardens, sparkling fountains that will leave you breathless, and the picturesque Orchid Conservatory. If nature is your thing, then you can’t miss out on this inspiring attraction.
6. Charlotte’s own EpiCentre – an ideal spot to mix and party with all the locals, the EpiCentre boasts with a wide variety of live, nonstop entertainment, outdoor cabanas and bars, as well as exquisite restaurants each filled with a whirlwind of excitement and friendliness for all. All summer long enjoy the extensive roster of live entertainment and rock out and mingle at Charlotte’s own After Five party which is sure to bring out the fun and spunk in you and your family. This spectacular EpiCentre is also home to Dale Earnhardt, Jr.’s Whisky River, a unique nightlife creation that has become one of Charlotte’s most favored party destinations. A feisty mechanical bull, a belt buckle designed bar and plenty of beer and drinks is only the beginning of your fascinating evenings of live music, good food and drink, and plenty of dancing, partying, and laughing at this one of a kind nightlife creation.
7. If the water is what fascinates you most then Charlotte is the ideal spot for you. Home to many sailboats, pontoon boats, cruisers, and speed boats, you are sure to tickle your water fancy along beautiful Lake Norman, the largest man-made lake in all the Carolinas.
8. Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge Championship Course – if golf is your game, as it is for so many people nowadays, then surely Charlotte has a full lineup of beautifully designed courses for golfers of every skill set, including this state of the art championship course. Whether you are a beginner, novice or expert golfer, this magnificent course will not only challenge you, but delight you with its impressive layout and challenging tees.
9. Horseback Riding – everyone loves a horseback ride and in Charlotte there is none so charming and magnificent as those at the spectacular Latta Equestrian Horseback Riding Center. Offering guided trail rides and riding lessons for individuals and families, everyone in your group is sure to be charmed by this amazing summer adventure.
10. NASCAR Racing Experiences – For those who love speed and an adrenaline rush, riding shotgun with a highly skilled and professional driver at speeds over 160mph is sure to satisfy the risky in you and is definitely a true race car lover’s dream!! Take the whole family out for a high speed race and learn the true meaning of living a “fast paced” life.
Regardless of what your personal or family interests may be, Charlotte is a true gem of a city that offers endless activities and events that will satisfy your every vacation wish. If its time to make your summer vacation plans, then set your sights and dreams on Charlotte, NC for an adventure and a vacation that is sure to create heartfelt moments and memories that will last you and your family a lifetime!