Here at Hornet Moving we have flat rate pricing so you are only charged for the time spent moving your goods. With this set up there are opportunities for our customers to make moving more efficient and therefore decrease cost. We are a full service moving company and ensure satisfaction no matter the level of prep work from our customers. The following are simply tips for the thrifty.
• Label boxes clearly and have a plan for furniture layout in advance, if possible, so the movers do not waste time with uncertainty.
• Use consistent box sizes if the option is available. This allows for simple packing in the truck so the movers can spend less time packing, and more time moving.
• Pack as many fragile and odd shaped items as possible in boxes. An item that is oddly shaped or is fragile, such as a lamp, takes additional time from the movers to ensure safe delivery. Additionally, these items often cannot be stacked taking valuable space in the moving truck.
• After packing a box take it to a location that is easily accessed by a dolly such as the first floor of a home or a garage. This allows our movers to handle 3 to 4 boxes at a time instead of 1 to 2, greatly increasing efficiency.
• Remove mirrors from dressers, disconnect washers and dryers, and disassemble any furniture that cannot be moved without disassembly.
While we are happy to take care of these items for you, any prep work with these items will reduce the time on site of our movers, and therefore reduce the time billed to you.
Your local Charlotte NC, movers.