Here at Hornet Moving, we are a locally owned and operated company dedicated to providing the highest quality moving service to customers throughout the Charlotte area. Charlotte has become one of the fastest-growing cities in the country over the past few years, and more and more people are looking to move to the area.
One of the neighborhoods that has grown in demand as the city of Charlotte has grown in size is University City. Young professionals, in particular, are moving to University City in droves due to the fact that it’s home to the University Research Park, one of the biggest research parks in the state. The neighborhood also happens to surround the University of North Carolina at Charlotte campus.
University City Hourly Moving Prices
One of the reasons why we are the go-to moving company in the Charlotte area is because we are one of the few moving companies that offer exceptional service at affordable prices. The following are some of the rates we offer here at Hornet Moving:
- For $100 an hour at a two-hour minimum, we provide our customers with a 26-foot moving truck along with two of our professional movers.
- For each additional mover you require, we charge an extra $30 an hour.
- If you are moving to University City from within the Charlotte area, we don’t charge any additional travel fees. However, if you are moving from outside of Charlotte, we will charge $1.50 a mile to cover our travel expenses.
- If you have a piano or gun safe that needs to be moved, we only charge $100 an item.
- We won’t begin billing you for our moving services until we actually get to your home. Additionally, we charge by the minute, not by the hour, which means you won’t have to worry about being charged for the time you didn’t use.
- If something comes up and you need to cancel our moving service, please give us 48 hours’ notice. If you cancel within 48 hours, we will need to charge you a $50 fee.
*If a single truck and two-person crew won’t do, we can offer two moving trucks and a crew of four. Just contact us today for more details.
Why Hornet Moving?
Ever since our humble beginnings, we have cemented our standing in Charlotte as one of the premier moving companies in the city. It’s not too difficult to understand why we have such a stellar reputation either – we emphasize customer service and satisfaction over everything.
It’s our goal to ensure that every one of our customers is not only happy with our moving service once they are all moved in, but that they endure as little stress as possible over the course of the move. We achieve this by doing a number of different things.
Our University City Movers
First of all, we only hire full-time movers, who we then train to ensure that they can safely, efficiently and effectively move anything that needs to be moved without damaging your possessions or the environment around them. Our movers are also trained to use specialized equipment that helps set us apart from other moving services.
Secondly, we instruct our movers on how to communicate with all our customers. At the outset of every move, we listen to the wants, needs, concerns, and questions that our customers have so that we can provide peace of mind.